Vice President, Research
Newland Communities is the largest private developer of residential and mixed-used planned new home communities in the US. Its current portfolio comprises 30+ master-planned communities in 14 states.
Newland had a unique opportunity to garner a national read of new-home buyers in planned communities. In efforts to support its marketing, community development and strategic planning, Newland wanted to refresh its understanding of its residents by creating a national profile, which could be drilled down by market and community. Further, Newland took the opportunity to explore how residents are now interacting with their homes post-purchase.
Paint a picture of Newland’s residents nationally, with comparative break downs by region and community to reveal resident composition as well as home buying and community trends and preferences.
- Nationwide online survey to residents in 16 actively-selling communities.
- Surveys delivered directly via email, as well as through links posted on resident-oriented websites and social media.
Newland’s residents across the nation are unique, not only demographically but also in the type of lifestyle they are seeking. Armed with the supporting data and a deep understanding of their customer, the community developer was able to identify key drivers and motivators for their customers and apply lessons learned on future developments in planning, including in their marketing, land acquisition, and community development approach.
- A national profile of Newland’s customer
- Drill-down and deep dive into local markets for unique trends to localize marketing and community design
- Clear traits for identifying Newland’s most attractive target customer