Category Director – Cherries, Apples and Pears
- The Oppenheimer Group (known as ‘Oppy’) is a leading North American fresh produce distribution and marketing company, founded in 1858. Oppy brings and delivers over 100 varieties of produce from more than 20 countries.
- Oppy was looking to bring and market a new premium Apple, the “Envy”, to North America. While the product had major advantages, its brand needed a rework (having been previously launched in Asia and Europe) to fit the North American consumer. Lux partnered with Oppy’s brand design agency BRANDFX to explore consumer perceptions, test concepts and develop a regionalized brand identity for Envy.
Bring a new premium apple to market by localizing a brand.
- Shop-alongs with buyers
- Focus groups in 6 markets
- North America-wide brand survey
- Workshop with growers
Apples are engrained in American culture. The brand must harken back to the deep, childhood memories of consumers. It must be accessible and wholesome.
- Localized Brand design
- Improved support for sales teams
- 20% improved sales from 2014 to 2015