Lux is hiring a Senior Manager!
In 2019, Lux won Small Business BC’s Employer of the Year.
Some of the things that helped us win Employer of the Year:
- Competitive salaries and flexible benefits package
- Flexible working options (time and location)
- Profit-sharing plan that is unique to the industry
- A large professional development budget (third largest spend after salaries and rent)
- Each team member is given a budget to spend on something personal that allows them to flourish
- A give back day during work hours to volunteer
We are hiring a Senior Research Manager who…
- Is an experienced market researcher (minimum 3-5 years) who loves studying people and why they make the decisions they do
- Enjoys building relationships with clients
- Is interested in the world of business and consumer-centric business strategy
- Wants to work in a small but fast-growing team
- Understands the value of working with supportive colleagues
- Isn’t happy unless they’re learning and growing
- Believes that work-life alignment and healthy company culture can be a reality
Since we launched in 2009, Lux has grown to a company of 15 team members with two offices in North Vancouver, BC and Seattle, WA.
We work with clients offering a full suite of qualitative and quantitative research. We are a fun, hard-working, and creative team committed to providing our clients with responsive service, customized approaches, and meaningful research insights.
A Senior Research Manager at Lux is responsible for…
- Account Leadership: Be the key, client facing consultant to provide recommendations on research design, interpretation and business action. With senior management support, develop and maintain client relationships by providing excellent service, research advice, and insightful, strategic thinking.
- Project Leadership: Lead your teams to meet client objectives and deliver projects on time and on budget. With support from your team (including junior members and advice from senior management), you will guide projects by delegating or conducting the following (but not limited to):
- Leading client meetings and presentations
- Questionnaire/discussion guide design
- Qualitative interviewing and moderation (online and offline)
- Story and visualization development (including strategic recommendations)
- Financial analysis of projects
- People management: Mentor one or more junior researchers and guide their career path. Collaborate with other team members and help develop their skill sets.
- Business development: Leverage and grow your personal network through industry engagement. With senior management support, cost and write proposals for qualitative and quantitative research projects and help market Lux Insights.
- Have a minimum 3 years of market research experience on the supplier or client side.
- Have a Bachelor’s degree.
- Be detail-oriented without losing sight of the big picture.
- Be very comfortable and confident in written and verbal communication – to co-workers, clients, and vendors.
- Be very comfortable with numbers and analytics.
- Be a skilled user of Microsoft Office (particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint); experience with statistical software like SPSS is not necessary but is a plus.
- Demonstrate our core values of optimism, curiosity, courage and integrity.
- Demonstrate initiative, be a quick learner and be a team player.
Location of Position:
North Vancouver, BC (near Lonsdale Quay)
Please submit your resume and a cover letter explaining why you’d like to work at Lux Insights, how you can contribute to our team, and what you’d like to achieve in this role. Send all materials to Hanson Lok, .