With 40 years of history, Stormtech is a Vancouver-based outdoor apparel brand that is a global leader in the B2B promotional space. It is now looking to build a brand that will support its move into B2C.
Stormtech needed research to support building its B2C brand, including understanding the competitive landscape, what consumers are looking for, who they should target, and what brand equity, if any, the Stormtech brand already has among consumers.
To build an evidence-based B2C brand position for Stormtech and identify target consumers
A 5-phased research approach including:
- A workshop with the executive team to socialize the research
- Focus groups in the US and Canada
- A workshop with the executive team to build the qualitative findings into a quantitative research instrument
- A quantitative survey of 1,600 outdoor apparel consumers in the US and Canada
- An insights summit to present the brand position to the executive team
We identified two segments for Stormtech to target with its new B2C brand. The segments were surprising in some regards at first, but bringing them to life through video helped the client to understand them better, and they have been embraced by Stormtech as their target consumers.
A draft brand position, which Stormtech will work with a branding agency to finalize and execute, and a final decision on the target consumer segments.