VP of Marketing, Tourism Victoria
- Tourism Victoria is the destination marketing and tourism management entity for Greater Victoria, BC. The organization has over 800 members representing key tourism industries such as accommodations, attractions, food & beverage and tour operators.
- The organization needed to better understand its brand in context of toughening regional competition. What would differentiate the destination, and how could they trigger visitation among potential visitors? Critical to this was maximizing a limited budget creatively to address the key questions and reach the right audiences.
Identify a sustainable competitive advantage and understand brand position.
- Bi-annual brand survey in feeder markets
- Annual exit surveys among visitors
- Annual membership surveys and workshops
In the Pacific Northwest, Tourism Victoria could leverage strength around relaxation to differentiate and attract new visitors.
- A clear differentiation strategy
- Demonstrated return on marketing spend
- Deeper member engagement
- A new target audience to grow visitation