VP Marketing, Global Gardens Group
Veggemo is the first non-dairy beverage to originate from veggies. With the smoothness and creaminess of 2% milk but a taste all its own, Veggemo is rich in calcium vitamin D and an excellent source of B12.
In 2012, Lux worked with Global Gardens Group (the company behind Veggemo) and their brand agency Pendo Design to better understand the non-dairy market in Canada and provide the consumer insight to help launch Veggemo. In 2015, Veggemo launched in Canadian grocery stores and was voted Top 10 Most Innovative Product at Grocery Innovation Canada.
- Size the market and understand positioning in non-dairy beverages.
- Understand underlying consumer needs for non-dairy.
- Clearly identify and segment the non-dairy milk consumer.
- Test appeal of early versions of Veggemo and provide insight to help refine formulation.
- Test and evaluate brand/package design alternatives.
- In-home ethnographies, shop-alongs and focus groups in three major Canadian markets.
- Nationally representative market survey of non-dairy and dairy beverage purchasers.
- In-market taste tests.
- Package testing focus groups.
While Soy, Almond and many other non-dairy beverages were already flooding the marketplace and had individual strengths, white space existed for a new, innovative dairy alternative to deliver on all the attributes that consumers wanted most. Current alternatives and dairy itself required too many compromises.
Veggemo’s unique formulation and the rapidly growing market for non-dairy beverages (due to health and ethnical motivators) meant the market was primed for a new product.
- Consumer-driven, fact-based evidence of market opportunity for Veggemo, helping drive investment into product development.
- Prioritization of key product benefits that Veggemo could focus on to be different and win over competing non-dairy beverages.
- Refinement of product formulation to make Veggemo market ready.
- A clear visual identity based on market testing visual platform alternatives created by Pendo.